After submitting an inquiry and being invited to apply, grant applications are due on May 1 and November 1 through our Online Grantee Portal. If the deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a US federal holiday, the submission deadline is the next business day.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Your grant proposal application builds off of the inquiry you submitted. Inquiry information will be imported to this application, and may be edited if needed at this time. As part of your online application, you will be asked to provide the following information through our online form:
- Three to five anticipated outcomes of your project.
- Summaries of your organization’s health, finances and commitment to diversity and social justice.
You will also be asked to provide the following attachments:
- A project description (no longer than five pages) which includes a work plan and timetable, a detailed project budget and funding plan for the 12-month period the grant will be in operation.
- A list of the officers and board members of your organization.
- The organization’s current budget and a Statement of Financial Position (balance sheet) and a Statement of Activities (income statement or profit and loss). Fiscal sponsors should submit documents for both organizations.
- The organization’s IRS 990 Form. Canadian organizations should submit proof of Canadian Charity status.
- An audited financial statement for the prior year (if available).
- Other attachments may be included, but only if they are essential for the Foundation to understand the proposed project.
NEXT STEPS IN APPLICATION PROCESS:
Please allow up to six months for staff and the board of trustees to thoroughly review applications and documents. Applicants will be sent email confirmation when proposals are submitted.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
To get started, log into our Online Grantee Portal. Please answer all questions completely, with the understanding that brevity is appreciated. If clarity is needed, a program officer may contact you to discuss the idea in more detail.
Previous grantees will have a user name and password, but if you have trouble logging in, have new staff who need portal access, or need help accessing your account, please email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request a new password by entering a valid user name (generally your email address).